Hosting an International Student is rewarding experience. You can learn first hand about another culture without leaving the comfort of your own home. Some things to consider when deciding if hosting a student is right for your family:
- All members of your family need to want to be involved in the hosting and be interested in learning about other cultures
- Students will need their own furnished bedroom (with desk and window)
- Host families are responsible for providing 3 meals per day (includes a packed lunch for school)
- Host families must be available for occasional driving
- Host families must be willing to have a Police Clearance Check done
Host families will be provided with training sessions. Having an international student in your home takes time, patience, and a willingness to share. Part of the fun is learning and celebrating our cultural and personal similarities and differences. Hospitalité Canada will support you throughout this experience, whether it’s your first time hosting or you’ve done this many of times before. Follow the links to read about our guidelines for host families.